Why are mothers one of God’s best creations? Let us count the ways…
- She is the master of multi-tasking! Husbands, kids, career, time for herself – all of these she can juggle with the best of them
- She will worry about you, whether you’re 3 years old or 30 years old
- She will help you finish your school project, even though she’s dead tired at the end of the day.
- That thing called maternal instinct? It’s almost always right. So you better listen to what she says.
- Her gentleness and sweetness can help make a bad day at school (or even in the office) fade away.
- She has that “secret recipe” that for you, is the best you’ve ever tasted.
- She will love you, no matter what you do
- God had a very special plan when He used her to give you life.
Aside from the flowers and chocolates that we traditionally shower on our favorite women on earth, why not give her something that she can cherish for a long time: words that will nourish her heart and soul. Here are some book gift suggestions for the most important woman in your life:
How to Win Your Child’s Heart by Ruth Chang, is compact and full of practical insight to help parents gain the confidence they need to be the best parent they can be. With this book, learn to PARENT—Praise, Accept, Respect, Empathize, Nurture and Train—their children in a way that will capture their hearts.
Refreshing Words for Busy Women by Darlene Sala has 365 short selections meant to renew, restore and revive women who are overwhelmed with the daily grind of life. Like a warm, relaxing chat with a friend, these pages will help women turn their focus from their circumstances to God.
Embracing God’s Purpose for My Special Child by Malu Tiongson-Ortiz is the story of one woman’s journey in raising a daughter with Down’s Syndrome and the stories shared by parents of other special children. The book offers encouragement, practical help and solid facts for parents and friends of special families.
Love Language Minute Devotional by Gary Chapman will help married couples identify and speak each other’s love language in daily devotionals aimed at building the foundation of marriage through communication, respect, unconditional love, and forgiveness.
Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge helps women unveil the mysteries of her soul and to understand that the heart matters more than anything.
No Lipstick for Mother by Grace D. Chong is a children’s story for all ages that will help you fall even more in love with your mother. This was a First prize winner in the Story for Children in English category of the 2005 Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature.
All of these books are available at OMF Lit Bookshops, National Bookstore, Powerbooks and PCBS bookstores nationwide.