1. Free entrance ticket to the MIBF courtesy of us!
Just drop by any of our Metro Manila Bookshops (Boni, Greenbelt 1, Il Terrazzo and Pergola) and ask our friendly bookshop staff for tickets. You can also call ahead and reserve as many tickets as you need. Just make sure to pick them up yourselves and that you will use all of them!
2. 30% off all new local and licensed titles! (Items 31-53 will tell you all about these books)
3. 20% off everything at our booth (including Bibles and multi-media items)
4. Additional 5% discount when you bring your own eco-friendly shopping bag
5. P95, P75 and P50 sale piles
Better get there as early as you can because these sale piles are limited and sell as hot as pandesals!
GREAT BOOK BUNDLES!!!
6. Tomo set Volumes 1-8 for only P950 (from P1400). For more info on Tomo, click here
7. The whole Oh Mateo set (1-14) + The Magic of Apo Mayor for only P600 (from P975)
8. The Dopple Ganger Chronicles 1 and 2 for only P500 (from P790). For more info on Dopple Ganger, click here
9. The Good and Beautiful series (God, Life, Community) by James Bryan Smith for only P500 (from P750)
12. For every purchase you make at our booth (regardless of amount) you get
- 20% discount flyer (redeemable at any of our 10 bookshops nationwide until September 30)
- Limited edition bookmarks
- Book stickers
13. P55 discount coupon (redeemable at bookshops from Sept 17-Oct 31) for every P1000 purchase
14. Magnetic page keeper or I Read mug for P1000-P2000 purchase
15. Eco-bag or I Read t-shirt for P2000-P5000 purchase
16. Limited edition notebook or a free book for P5000-up purchase
17. R.O.B Us eco-bag for filling up our survey form (available at the marketing table)
YOU CAN HELP!!!
18. Swap. Shop. Share
If you have any books lying around that you want to donate to those who would need it more, drop them off at the marketing table during the MIBF. All books we’ll gather will be donated to a public library. And as a thank you, we’ll give you a P55 discount coupon (redeemable at any of our 10 bookshops from Sept 17-Oct 31)
19. Lit For Lives
Buy a book pack (Buhay Na Hindi Bitin, Pass or Fail, Passport Papuntang Langit, 100 Tanong Sinagot ng Biblia) for only P100 and we will donate these on your behalf to selected churches who do evangelistic missions to unreached areas
MEET THE AUTHORS!!!
20. Palanca-award winner Grace D. Chong – September 14, Friday to launch her newest Hiyas titles (see numbers 42-43)
21. Robert Magnuson, Joyce Piap Go and Maloi Malibiran Salumbides on September 14, Friday to launch their newest Hiyas pre-school books (see numbers 38-40)
22. Palanca Hall of Famer Dr. Luis “Tito Dok” Gatmaitan on September 14, Friday to launch his latest Mga Kuwento Ni Tito Dok book (see number 41)
23. Grace Chong returns on September 15, Friday to launch her newest book (see number 31)
25. Meet and greet Best-selling author Ru dela Torre (plus he’ll be bringing his Road Trip TV crew with him!) – September 16, Sunday, 4PM
26. Rev. William Girao to launch his new book (see number 33) – September 15, Saturday, 3PM
27. Meet and greet Vicky Veloso-Barrera, chef and author of From the Kitchen to the Heart – date to be announced soon
MORE FUN ACTIVITIES!!!
28. Hiyas storytelling activities – September 14, 10AM-12PM
29. Words and Music – September 15, 4-6PM
Join us as acoustic acts serenade bookshoppers at our booth, while special guests read out selected excerpts from our latest titles
30. Bloggers Challenge – (whole day of September 15)
The 2nd annual Bloggers’ MIBF Challenge will feature more fun and exciting activities to enhance your blogging and book-shopping experience. Prizes await those who will participate in this challenge! To include your name in our blogging list, please answer this short survey
NEW HOMEGROWN TITLES!!! (All new titles will be at 30% off during the entire MIBF)
Retired? Yes and no. We are out of the workplace and have completed the first half of our lives, but we are buoyed by a second wind to give meaning to our remaining wonder years, pausing now and then to appreciate the gift of time and the grace it brings.
32. Dawn Reapers by Patrick Hobbs
This is the sequel/companion to Dawn Harvest, featuring inspiring stories from churches in the urban poor communities of the Philippines.
This book takes us through the Bible, tackling Genesis, Daniel, Esther, Revelation, interspersing the lessons gleaned from Scriptures to the local and global scene underscoring God’s sovereignty in the life of an individual, nation and the world.
34. Grandparenting: Happiness and Hard Work by Yay Olmedo
Practical hints and tips, anecdotes and biblical thoughts for new and even “veteran” grandparents to encourage and help them along in their grandparenting adventures.
35. Lovestruck Singles Edition by Ronald Molmisa
In the follow-up book to the bestseller Lovestruck, Kuya Ronald addresses questions asked by readers of Lovestruck in a conversational manner and using the same wit, humor and wisdom that made Lovestruck a hit with young people.
36. He Said, She Said and What God Said by Dr. Harold Sala
Ten happily and healthily married couples share wisdom from their wealth of experience that can help strengthen couples’ relationships with each other and with God.
37. Fear, Anger and Worry: Paano Ko Iha-Handle by Dr. Harold Sala
Translated to Taglish from Dr. Sala’s book Making Your Emotions Work For You, the book talks about how to handle these emotions for our benefit.
NEW HIYAS TITLES!!!
38. Porcupirate Plans the Day by Robert Magnuson
Little Porcupirate plans his days with exciting adventures. But when things don’t go his way, he’s about to learn that adventure can be found where he least expects it. This book teaches kids about handling days that don’t go your way.
39. Boom, Bang, Clang! by Maloi Malibiran-Salumbides
Boom! Bang! Clang! tells the story of two families, the Tambol and Pompyang family, who constantly fight and outdo each other. This is a perfect story that parents can use to teach their kids the value of getting along with others despite differences.
40. Bee Polite by Joyce Piap-Go
In the follow-up to the successful Bee Safe, Dee the Bee teaches kids on how to be polite at home, in school and at play.
41. Mga Kuwento ni Tito Dok 17: Ewww! Kadiri ang Mga Germs! by Dr. Luis Gatmaitan
Learn all about the different types of microbes that cause sickness in order to protect our bodies and our health.
42. Oh Mateo 14: A Flood of Kindness by Grace D. Chong
The last book in the Oh! Mateo series- the town of Umingan was devastated by the flood but instead of bringing the people of Umingan down, the tragedy inspired acts of kindness, generosity and love from the townspeople.
43. Quiet Time With Mateo by Grace Chong
52 weekly devotions which focuses on Mateo’s life and the people around him. Each story teaches Christian values which every child must know and learn by heart. Includes memory verses, activities, puzzles and games for kids
NEW LICENSED TITLES
44. Live Loved: Experiencing God’s Presence in Everyday Life by Max Lucado
Featuring excerpts from Max Lucado’s most recent inspirational books, focusing on the ideas of steadfast, perfect, wise and merciful love, and “loved to love others”
45. The One Year Mini Daily Inspiration
Provides a page-a-day, inspirational meditation on God’s Word for people who are always on the go—anytime, anywhere.
46. Holiness Day By Day by Jerry Bridges
This quick, daily read is full of inspiration, commitment, and transformation for men and women to grow in spiritual maturity.
47. We Shall See God and Life Promises for Eternity by Randy Alcorn
We Shall See God is Randy Alcorn’s devotional thoughts on Heaven, jumping off from Charles Spurgeon’s best sermons Life Promises contains 100 brief inspirational readings based on his best-selling book, Heaven
48. Life Promises for Couples by Gary Chapman
Best-selling author Gary Chapman provides trusted words of wisdom designed to encourage and inspire couples, alongside key Bible verses that illuminate God’s plan for marriage and for nurturing healthy, happy relationships.
49. Five Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace by Gary Chapman and Paul White
This book will help supervisors and managers effectively communicate appreciation and encouragement to employees, resulting in higher levels of job satisfaction, healthier relationships between managers and employees, and decreased cases of burnout.
50. Who You Are Shapes How You Lead by Robert A. Fryling
Christian leaders need to embrace the fullness of their calling – their internal relationship with God and their external relationship with others – to find an authentic, integrated way to live.
51. Knowing Scripture by R.C Sproul
The book offers a basic, “common sense” guidelines to help Christians study their Bible profitably and includes many practical suggestions.
52. Ryken’s Bible Handbook
This guide to reading and studying the Bible gives a brief explanation & summary of a book in the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. It includes tables and charts to enhance your Bible study.
53. Transforming Leadership by Leighton Ford
Learn the different leadership styles of Jesus in creating vision, shaping values and empowering change.
54. Purity War by James Cecy
Be equipped to win the purity war – from a thorough presentation of the Scripture, church history and from Dr. Cecy’s four decades of ministry.