By women and for women who lead, this book helps build fundamental skills for moving projects forward, leading others effectively, and achieving desired results. Women in leadership roles at home, at church, or at work will learn to master five key areas: group building, communication skills, relationship skills, conflict management, and time management.
Written with women’s needs specifically in mind, here is a book that will equip every woman to fully realize her leadership potential.
Includes discussion questions and learning exercises at the end of each chapter.
In the second chapter of the book which tackles Relationship Essentials, author Linda Clark emphasizes how important it is for women to look inward in defining herself so as to not be lost in the conflicting demands of the different roles a woman takes on. This is also important for women to be able to help the people in her life discover their own identities.
This is one of the exercises that she suggests, and this can be your starting point in “profiling” yourself
Fill in the blanks with the first thought that comes to mind.
1. When I was a child I always wanted to _______________________
2. My father and I _________________________
3. My mother and I ________________________
4. One thing I remember is __________________
5. If I could do anything I would ____________________________
6. One thing that makes me laugh is ___________________________
7. I get angry when __________________________
8. I am impatient with ___________________________
9. Religion in my life is ____________________________
10. I love ________________________________
11. The thing I fear most is _____________________
12. I have fun when _______________________
13. Intimacy is _________________________
14. I hate ____________________________
15. Something that is important to me is __________________________
16. I laugh when ____________________________
17. I have the silly ability to _________________________
18. One thing I like about me is _________________________
19. One thing about me I would like to change is ___________________________
20. God is __________________________
21. My church is ________________________________
Your answers to these questions can give you a clearer picture of who you really are, if you answer it with honesty and much contemplation
5 Leadership Essentials for Women is available at all OMF Lit Bookshops nationwide. Click here for a list of our bookshops.